[Public-List] Head

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat May 2 06:20:26 PDT 2015

We've got the Jabsco Compact in SURPRISE...  It works well, and after I
broke the mounting flange of the pumping assembly by over tightening the
screws, parts were easy to get.

If you heard cursing coming from the Upper Great Lakes last spring, well,
that was me.

Gord #426 Surprise

PS - starting the big push to get her in the water today.  Well the push is
starting... I won't get in.  As usual my hopes of getting in early went out
the window due to an unexpected professional project that came up.  I'm just
back from wandering (at a hectic pace) from Barcelona to England to Denmark
examining wooden sailing ships in order to make a report on their
suitability for use in an upcoming film. (Not M&C part II)  Fantastic but
got right in the way of getting SURPRISE ready for launch.

Nearly got scragged in a bar fight in Weymouth, England last week.  Here's
the story...

I was with the director and we decided to have a nightcap on the way back to
our hotel after saying good night to the ship people we met in that port.
Went into a pub and ordered a couple of Irish whiskies...  By the time we
got them we realized were not in a Œnice¹ pub.  We were the only ones sober,
everyone else was dead drunk, some were passed out in corners.  We were also
the only ones not covered in tattoos and dressed in ragged American style
basketball shorts and shirts and wearing flip flops (despite the cold).

A drunken older woman with teeth missing came up to me and slobbered ŒWanna
dance?¹  I said Œno thanks¹ as politely as I could.  That was a mistake.

She turned back to her table and shouted Œhe thinks he¹s too good for us!¹
while jerking her thumb at me over her shoulder.  A guy at her table (with
one shoe on, the other barefoot) stood up and staggered up to me and shouted
ŒWhy don¹t you dance with the lady?  What¹s wrong with you?  Why do you
think you¹re too good fer us?²    I thought I was about to be killed ­ there
was no sense in the guy¹s face at all, just fresh cuts and bruises from his
last fight.

Just then the hag started screaming at him Œso you¹re pimping me again, are
you?¹  And she jumped him.  The two of them crashed sideways into a table
knocking it, the drinks on it and three people sitting at it onto the floor.
All of them started fighting hard and everyone still on their feet started
shouting.

I turned to the director and said ŒI think we¹d better get out of here
before one of them remembers I started this¹.

We got away.  Once outside the director said to me Œy¹know Gord, I¹ll bet
that place is what ŒCoronation Street¹ is like after the cameras are turned
off...¹  we laughed.

On 02/05/15 8:50 AM, "Chris Martin via Public-List"
<public-list at lists.alberg30.org> wrote:

> Speaking of heads I need to order a new one. Any reason not to select the
> Jabsco compact manual head? It looks like West Marine OEM's this, it's on
> sale!, and the usual players have it and a similar but more expensive Raritan
> model. Looking for simple operation and dont want to do this job again for a
> while if possible. If not this one, is there a better version for those of us
> on a budget?
Thanks you!
Chris
      From: Kris Coward via Public-List