[Public-List] Used mainsail

Kris Coward via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu May 21 06:08:49 PDT 2015

I my case, a PO (though until now, I'd thought it was Whitby) covered
the whole mess with a teak block (and clearance for the hardware routed
out on the appropriate side) screwed into the cabin top. Last winter,
when my bolts were getting a bit leaky and I had to pop them to recaulk,
I took some 1/8" stainless, and made backing plates for the bolts.

This was partly for reinforcement, but mainly because I don't like
needless screws into my deck from any side. I drilled and tapped a few
holes in the backing plates, so that I could fill in the original screw
holes, and cut down some machine screws to the right length for holding
the covers to the backing plates. (While I was at it, I also made
backing plates and covers for a few other pieces of hardware bolted
through the deck).

What I didn't do, was repaint the cabin top while I had all that
hardware off, so I'll have to wait until I'm done painting before taking
any pictures to share :P

Cheers,
Kris

Kris Coward					http://unripe.melon.org/