[Public-List] Throttle lever tension

Bill Newman via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Oct 22 11:52:50 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,

This season my throttle cable on #233 seized up.  I replaced it with a new one but now there is almost no tension when moving the throttle lever so it moves too easily.  I thought that there should be some tensioning adjustment on the lever mechanism but I cannot find any.

Has anyone had this problem and does anyone have any ideas of how to increase the throttle lever tension a bit? It does not seem to move on its own but will with the lightest brush pass.  I rigged an aluminum guard several years ago to eliminate accidentally knocking the lever but with the new cable, a pant leg brushing past can move it.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Bill Newman
Marion Rose III