[Public-List] Solar

via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat Jun 18 09:47:40 PDT 2016

I am not sure about your 50 amp hour requirement but i have a 60 watt panel in a stationary position on my pushpit and it keeps me powered 24/7. I never plug in to shore power.

The panel goes to a charge controller and feeds 2, 105 amp hour deep cycle batteries.

I don't have much draw though. I have a 800gpm bilge pump which rarely runs, vhs, gps, and led lights. Toilet is a lavac.

We never use our inverter.

I have a few fans and charge my phone and tablet (and so does my wife) and we've lived aboard for up to 9 days with no problem.

We have a small outboard mounted in the lazarette.

Our boat is in south Georgia so your mileage may vary.

The solar panel is the best thing I ever put on my boat.

- George, #439, St. Simons Island, Ga.

Get Outlook for Android