[Public-List] Heating and and icebox

Mike Meinhold via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Oct 10 07:45:54 PDT 2016

Tim,
  My solo standards are about like this :
 > 60 F - sheets and blankets
 45-60 F - sleeping bag
 <45 F - hatch boards in
No hatch boards on the recent Fall Cruise!  I lit my stove (A Cole wood
stove) twice on the  Fall Cruise just because I had the wood and wanted to,
but did not need it.

Without the wood stove, < 35 F gets a bit cold. With the wood stove you
still need a good sleeping bag, but you can warm the cabin up quickly in
the morning, and have a pleasant evening below.  I would not want a
self-feeding stove because of the risk of smoking and CO poisoning.

I use seasoned oak that I split and cut to 3 or 4 inch lengths on a table
saw, then spit again into little 1/2 inch or less chunks.

You  are welcome to come see my installation -  I will be in the water this
year too.  Let me know.

Mike
Rinn Duin #272

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 6:56 PM, tmthypk at gmail.com via Public-List <