[Public-List] anchor light

Jonathan Bresler 262alberg30 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 06:59:50 PST 2017

Americo,

The anchor light is an AquaSignal 20
https://www.aquasignal.com.au/series-20/ .  It and the bow light came with
the boat.

Recently purchased an solar powered, with battery, LED light to hang from
the backstay a bit above head height for use as an anchor light when there
are other boats around.  The idea being that a light about head height from
the deck is more likely to be seen by a helmsman maneuvering than one 40'
up  the mast.
https://www.myevergreen.com/flag/firefly-trade-frosted-white-solar-lantern.html

At a more remote anchorage or underway, the masthead lights are more
visible as Marcelo mentions above.

Jonathan

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Marcelo D. Gentinetta via Public-List <

> Americo,
> I would also consider an LED tricolor/anchor light mounted at the
> masthead. You can leave the bow lights as they are just for when motoring
> and use the masthead light when sailing which hopefully is most of the
> time. Your visibility will be vastly improved. This is what I have on mine.
> It is an Aquasignal series 34.
> Marcelo
> #441 Alegría
> > On Nov 21, 2017, at 5:53 AM, Jonathan Bresler via Public-List <
> >
> > Americo,
> >
> > Good move to replace the original nav lights.  One of the side lights are
> > hidden by the jib in each tack.  You might consider an AquaSignal
> bi-color
> > for the bow.  That’s what’s installed on Constance.  Seems to work well.
> >
> > https://www.aquasignal.com.au/series-25-standard/
> >
> > Jonathan
> >

> > On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 10:49 PM americo silva via Public-List <
> > public-list at lists.alberg30.org> wrote:
> >
> >> hello everyone
> >> Americo Silva
> >> A3066182
> >>
> >> I am going to replace my nav lights and anchr light with LEDs
> >> was wondering what other owners have used that fit
> >>
> > --
> > Jonathan M Bresler
> > S/V Constance Alberg 30 #262
> > Annapolis/Eastport MD