[Public-List] Anchor light, and the difference between "masthead light" and "anchor light"

Michael Grosh dickdurk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 13:50:10 PST 2017

You have really stepped into the poo, Randy. The masthead light is defined
as 220 degrees for a power driven vessel. Anchor light is 360. So a power
driven vessel needs both a mast light and a sternlight (135 degrees) to
comply with rules ofthe Road. Unless you are on the Great Lakes, in which
case a 360 degree light complies.
But then there is still the requirement that sidelights and mast light be
seperated 4 feet.
Myself, I have 2 seperate circuits, one for sailing and one for power.
I hope I have all that right.
Michael Grosh

On Nov 21, 2017 6:52 PM, "Randy Katz via Public-List" <