[Public-List] Replies

The Rochets rochet at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 29 15:02:27 PDT 2018

Zach,

I guess you missed my point, which is why I am leaving the rest of this exchange in this post, so you can get back a couple of messages and reread what I said.

I was following up on what Stephen said—which was clearly complaining about having to sift through mounds of unnecessary text—and I was suggesting that we all do what George is suggesting we do, namely "NOT include the entire digest in your reply!”

Clearly, what I had in mind is that we should try to be considerate and make sure we don’t burden future readers with unwanted text (and the way I read it, that’s what George and Stephen have in mind too).

And I did point out that, as a bonus, deleting ourselves unnecessary text from our replies gave us control over what was kept or deleted, as opposed to that task being accomplished automatically. You had to do some serious editing to come to the conclusion that I am "just asking people to censor their messages for [my] convenience.”

Bernard