[Public-List] Exhaust iron/steel pipe thread sealant

gdinwiddie at alberg30.org gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Thu Dec 16 16:47:17 PST 2021

I don't recommend teflon for exhaust systems.

"DuPont studies show that the Teflon off-gases toxic particulates at
446°F. At 680°F Teflon pans release at least six toxic gases."

This is well within the range of internal combustion exhaust gasses.
While the cooling water might keep the pipes below that, I wouldn't bet
my life on that always being true.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org