[Public-List] Bulkhead repair

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sun May 9 04:07:20 PDT 2021

Good morning Greg,

It’s considered best practice to have a relatively wide strip of dense foam between the edge of a bulkhead and the skin laminations of the hull.  The foam should  itself be glassed to the hull and the bulkhead with tabbing.   The idea is to spread the effect of a ‘hard spot’ from the bulkhead edge over a wider area than point (or rather line) contact.

I think you’ll find specific information in books on the subject

Gordon Laco
426 Surprise